Sunday, September 15, 2013

Recreating the Definition of Success

How do you want to feel?

Let that sink in for a minute or two.

     I am completing session 3 of The Fire Starter Sessions, and that is the key point of this passage. Society has everything backwards; we always have our minds set on goals - getting good grades, achieving my degree, a beautiful home, and someone by my side for life - and have tunnel vision until we reach those goals. However, here is a revolutionary idea: let's decide how we want to feel inside and then produce a goals list to help us achieve those desired feelings. What good is reaching our goals if we get there only to be disappointed because we don't feel happiness. Some of our targets may not give us the satisfaction we first thought they would. 

     Something important to note - desired feelings don't have to be "out there." They can be simple. What is important is that they are true to ourselves. So, we need to get clear on how we want to feel, and then, do whatever is necessary to feel that way. When that happens, we create magnetism with our feelings. When we feel how we desire, it will come easier and attract more of that feeling. Isn't that a great thought? Its okay to want to feel a certain way. We need to take hold of ourselves and stop feeling guilty for desiring to feel a specific way. Then, our focus will be on how circumstances make us feel instead of how they initially appear. 

Feelings first! :)
Stay focused!
Feel good!
Better results!

Simple, right?

How do I want to feel in my life?
  • Comfort
  • Confident
  • Risk-taker
  • Passion
  • Confrontational
  • Expressive
  • Present
  • True
  • Loved
  • Approachable
  • Important
  • Noticed
  • Energized
  • "On fire"
  • Peace
Of these core desired feelings, which five really turn me on?
  1. "On fire"
  2. Present
  3. Expressive
  4. Confident
  5. Risk-taker
What does "on fire" feel like? Burning passion!
What does present feel like? In the moment!
What does expressive feel like? Confidence expressing my thoughts and feelings!
What does confident feel like? Standing tall!
What does risk-taker feel like? Taking chances - adventurous!



Five things I will do to generate these feelings:
  1. Continue to work with Lynn on building my personal philosophy.
  2. Deepen my practice of yoga.
  3. Finally, talk to my parents about who I am dating.
  4. Participate in class discussions.
  5. Something adventurous - I'll know when the moment arrives.
Three people to help me feel this way:
  1. Lynn - my life coach, "business partner," and friend
  2. Amanda - one of my best friends
  3. Brian - he allows me to learn more about myself that I've hidden for so long
So, I ask again, how do you want to feel??


No comments:

Post a Comment