Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Burning Questions

The important thing is to never stop questioning.

     One question can begin a chain of questions that can open our hearts and minds to things we may not have noticed before. Session 4 of The Fire Starter Sessions is all about asking the burning questions, and most importantly, being honest with our answers. 

1) When someone at a party asks me what I do, what do I say? And how do I feel when I say it?

     This question can be unsettling to some because we feel like we need to qualify ourselves - we may feel that we underachieving and not where we thought we would be in life. However, we need to own it, take charge, and be real! Forgot about trying to be impressive and be true to yourself. Be interested in your life and people will see that interest in you. Can't we all try to be more genuine?

     When someone asks me what I do, I say that I am a student at Central Michigan University. Right now I am going through the motions finishing my major in Neuroscience, but my passion is health and wellness coaching and helping people redefine success. I am a yogi and a starting beater on the Quidditch Club of Central Michigan. I feel "on fire" when I say this.

2) What do people thank me for most often? What do they come to me for, or say about me, most frequently ("positive" or "negative")?

     People most often thank me for advice and being a positive influence. People look to me for encouragement and know that I will support them when others will not.

3) When do I feel powerful, passionate, free, incredibly useful, excited, inspired?

     When I am playing Quidditch or on the sidelines giving advice and coaching - I feel all of these when I am having my voice heard and can share my talents. Whenever I am practicing yoga or exercising, when I am giving advice, and taking risks, I feel I am in the zone.

4) What do I think my form of genius is? What am I amazing at (work or life related)?

     Coaching, being a good role model, a brother, a friend, and inspiring others to take action.

5) Who do I think is really cool or elegant or powerful?

     We admire people who share our aspirations. I admire Jillian Michaels (her no excuse attitude), Tara Stiles (started a yoga studio in New York City), Danielle Laporte (life coach), and Mastin Kipp (up and coming life coach).

6) What's chronic, repetitive, or inflame in your inner or outer life?

     Not believing I am allowed to follow my own path and constantly comparing myself.

7) What's always in the back of my mind?

     Quidditch - it is not just my love for the sport but the team dynamics and chance to help teammates improve.

8) What would I like to stop doing?

     I want to stop worrying so much, and I want to stop being self-conscious. I want to stop looking for approval and be confident on my own.

9) How much money would I like to be making?

     I would like to make $100k a year to start out.

10) How would I like to be seen, recognized, acknowledged, awarded, praised?

     I don't need big romantic gestures (although, I wouldn't mind), but I just want to feel more needed. 

11) So...what would I like to do with my life and career? Money is no object. Dream.

     I want to travel the world helping people live more holistically through fitness and eating better. I want to have a yoga studio in New York City or on the east coast. I want to share my life with someone. I want to be recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment