Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cashing In On My Superpowers

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
-Danielle Laporte

Creating success on my own terms starts with declaring my superpowers - cashing in on what comes naturally to me! I want to make money in a career where making money seems silly because I love it so much. I don't want to be well rounded - I want to shine in what make me truly happy, what sparks my inner passion fire and keeps it burning bright. I am competent in countless subjects and activities, but just because I am good at something, does not mean that I should make a career out of it. 

I want to ignite a burning passion in others as I have experienced myself!



Who am I trying to impress? 

     I am always trying to impress people close to me because I want them to be proud of my accomplishments. I am starting to feel though that if they are not impressed with what I make out of my life, it does not matter. Its my life anyways - they are not living it!

What do I have to force myself to do?

     Finishing my neuroscience major - two semesters to go. It is not the subject for me.

What would I like to never, ever do again?

     Close myself off from the world - I want to shine with who I truly am! This might be harsh, but I also don't want to be stuck in research lab for the rest of my life - no matter how interesting the research, I want to have more personal contact with people and use my knowledge and experiences to better their lives.

I am ready for my passion to move me in the direction of my true self. You know, I feel amazing when I can help people improve their lives, specifically with life goals, encouragement, finding strengths, fitness and nutrition. I feel so alive when I am working out because being active heightens my vitality - it helps everything else fall in place. I am best at helping individuals. My fire is lit when I am in the right mind set - when I am playing Quidditch, practicing yoga, eating good, and focusing on how to help others with how I have been influenced. I want to feel open - vulnerable even - in order to really learn. And with this learning, I want to be able to coach others. 

Can I remember who I was, before the world told me who I should be? I think I am slowly coming back to my roots - I was always told to use my skills in the sciences and be a doctor. Sure, I was good at it, but I did not love it. I have always gone after things that people in my life say I am good at, but I want to go after the thing that not only I am good at, but that I love! I think I have found it now in my true strengths :)

What am I intensely interested in (and moderately)?
      
     Epiphany moments - when somebody realizes where their true passion lies. Fitness - how to use it to improve well-being. Nutrition - eating right can make you feel more alive and present in life. Relating to people - it is one of personal strengths. Space - so many mysteries to discover and research. Strengths - I want to move away from the mindset of trying to fix weaknesses and playing to strengths! 

I go to the best cocktail party ever. It's a life-changing event because you meet the most with-it, interesting, empowered people, and each of them can contribute to your career and interests in some way...Who was there and how did they help me?

     This is a tough question - I cannot name specifics, but I would want to be surrounded by people who are living lives filled with true passion. Hearing their journeys would be encouraging and helpful.

If I could go to five conferences or events this year, which ones would I go to and why?

     I would like to attend a yoga conference where I could dig deeper into my practice - yoga has changed my life, and I want to know how I can use it in the future to help others. I want to go to a nutrition conference to learn how to start bettering myself first. I would like to attend a conference where Danielle Laporte is or people similar to her because she is so empowering and I want to learn how I can harness that energy. I want to go to an LGBTQ event because it would be empowering!! I also would like to go someplace where I could get away and relax.

What could I talk about late into the night with like-minded people without running of things to say?

     Besides Harry Potter, fantasy, Glee, Digimon, etc, I want to take about what makes people tick. What gets you out of bed in the morning, what makes you who you are from your background, relationships, and present self, and what dreams are going to be a reality. I like to talk about progress but also the present and focusing on well-being.

What activities make me feel really useful, alive, and strong?

     When I am helping my friends and family focus on their passion and strengths through fitness (yoga and Quidditch especially) and just sitting down to talk. When people feel comfortable sharing their inner desires, I feel I can help them harness them and it is then that I feel the most alive!

What do I want to be known for?

     I want to be known as someone who held true to their convictions through good and bad times but was willing to take risks and have opportunities for growth. Furthermore, I want to be known as someone who helped others reach their full potential. I want to be known someone who lived life to the fullest every moment and wasn't afraid to speak my mind. I want to be known as someone who was optimistic and a shining light for others because we all are trying to find our meaning of life.

My life purpose is what I say it is. No one can tell me otherwise. What is that exactly? I want to finish my education and enter a career where I can coach people in health and wellness and achieving lives full of passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment