Friday, May 17, 2013

Cheap Therapy


I always grew up with a garden at home, helping to plant, water, and weed, and then getting to see the marvelous results of a little hard work. Now, with adjusting my lifestyle to become healthier, growing a garden is more important than ever. I am fortunate to be able to grow a garden with some of my friends in the McNair Program this summer; we have planted spinach, thyme, potatoes, broccoli, onions, and tomatoes and peppers soon to come. Gardening is like therapy to me with added benefits; with the everyday stress that comes along with being a student, it is nice to have a garden to work in and share the experience with a great group of people. Not to mention, the great vegetables we will have in a few months will be A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment