Monday, May 20, 2013

Martial Arts


Mixed martial arts was a huge passion of mine throughout childhood until my senior year of high school. Not only was it an activity that I enjoyed, but I gained physical and mental strength by engaging myself. I had only one belt in between where I stood and a black belt, but because I needed to travel to a neighboring city to take higher level classes, it was no longer affordable, and I had to let it go. 

As part of McNair this summer, we are working with a personal trainer at Seung-ni Gym. Part of our last two workouts have involved using kickboxing bags to incorporate punching and kicking. While doing this, it brought out my passion once again for martial arts. I did not realize how much I have missed it until now! 

So, where does this leave me? It leaves me with a new goal - I want to finally earn my black belt! I want to grab hold of my passion once again and achieve an old dream. It is never too late. By the end of this summer, I want to find a local location where I can begin to learn again and advance my skills. 

It is so important to have passions and dreams in life. What dreams have you pushed aside that are waiting to come true? I challenge everyone to go after them and see the difference it will make for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment