Sunday, May 19, 2013

It Begins With The First Step

Starting an exercise regime can be a difficult thing for people to do - it is because it is a lifestyle change. However, it doesn't have to be a complete 360. It Begins with the First Step of trying!


I am fortunate that I participated in sports (cross country and track) throughout high school; it helped to instill a love for exercise in me. Now, I am starting to incorporate other activities to make exercise more interesting and fun. This includes:
  • Attending yoga twice a week
  • Working with McNair at gym twice a week
  • Working out on my own by biking and running two-three times a week
Although I want to stick to this every week,  I understand that things come up - life is full of surprises! However, one missed day does not mean falling off my plan. One issue for people is missing a workout day and then completely falling off the wagon. It is important to stick to it!


Start slow and work your way into your routine - you don't have to be an expert when you start out. Exercise is a learning experience and you need to discover how your body feels - it is different for everyone. And once you get into the groove, keep going at it! We can all create a healthier version of ourselves by supporting one another and providing encouragement on both the good and bad days - that's what it is all about :)


4 comments:

  1. Love this post, Andy!!! The support and encouragement are essential for success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good GOD, you are really getting into this, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts, Andy! I couldn't make it to group training today, but I will be there on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete